Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Can you only do events on Saturday or do you have the equipment available on the other days as well?.
No, I can really only train SM on saturdays.

Quote:
Looking through your log there's far too much tricep pushdown, seated alternate hammer curls (really?!) and even in the new routine you got stuff like pulldowns etc and just not enough work on the big stuff. I think you're doing yourself a disservice by just doing 1-2 top set on most things. If you're training for an hour and a half then at least 45-60 minutes of that should be on the big exercises.
Not true at all. I did seated alternating hammer curls for the first time in maybe a year, last week. I normally do pinwheels, once a fortnight. I similarly only do tri=push once per fortnight. The new routine requires doing these once per week, and I'd gladly drop the triceps work in favour of dips if I could dip my own bodyweight.

Quote:
I know SM is about a variety of strength, but at the basic level you still do need to just get strong. That's going to come from a hell of a lot of work on the basics. Just look at the progress Spart is making, something like that but designed for SM would be good.
I'm pretty familiar with Spart's training (I taught him how to bench) but will have another look see.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet

Last edited by Abaddon; 10-16-2011 at 09:55 AM.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote