Thread: Chaos and Pain
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Jamie has a relentless and intelligent approach to everything he does. In my email conversations with him, I can tell you the guy is one of the most intelligent lifters I have interacted with.

After reading Doug Hepburn's book, and then reading Jamie's approach, I decided to start using heavier weight doubles and triples. I will say this...single, double and triple training isn't something to be taken lightly. It's good to ease into it.

The biggest lesson I learned from Jamie is the power of the human will. Jamie destroys weights. He knows his body, and fits his training around his mental and physical needs. He's a great example to young lifters in that he doesn't worry so much about micro-managing things that are unimportant.

He destroys weights using core lifts. That resonates with me because it's how I've always made progress.

Anyway, let me email Jamie and see if we can get him to stop by this thread.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-04-2010 at 09:50 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote