View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:26 AM   #18
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Well said! I pretty much agree with everyone here, but here is my 2cents on it.

The only successful training method is the one that makes your lift the most weight consistently; and for me its always been insanity, screaming and yelling. Training programs are only guidelines. Programs don't put pounds on your total, your mind and body do. Most strength training is CNS training IMO.

My advice for powerlifting is a step by step process before you do any programs.

1) make sure everyone knows the basics such as FORM.
how to use lats on the bench press
how to keep your knees spread and toes pointed out on squats
how to set up properly for the deadlift not the olympic clean
etc...

2) is maxing out and creating a total once proper form is used. You can't work on a training program based off %'s if you don't have a true max lift.

3)Templates are only guide lines, outside of compound movements and rep schemes training should be instinctive, based on ones weakness's.
Well said.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote