Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast
Default Pray for big val

Pray for big val

Thursday, 10/13/11

Well, yesterday was to be the day I tweaked the program a bit and started working in some singles. I had been experiencing some tightness in my right lat during the day, but by evening things had loosened up a bit.

Workout 4.4.2
Squat
45x5
140x5
170x5
200x3
230x3
255x2 - and then it happened. I muxed up my lower back on the second rep. I stood there holding the bar and thought about the third rep for the longest time, but by the time I decided to try it, the bar was slipping, so I racked it.

END OF SESSION

I recall the last time I squatted (about 10 days ago) my hips were tight. That happened to be my deload squat workout. I didn't think much of it at the time, and sort of wrote the whole thing off as "just a deload workout." I didn't stretch out good after that one either. Stupid. Stupid. STOOPID! I hadn't counted on sitting on my butt looking for work on the computer for several hours every day either. So I don't know what to do now. Wendler, Rippetoe, and others all address what to do if you have one bad workout. What they DON'T talk about is what to do if you mess with the program and hurt yourself. So I don't know what to do. Pray for big val.

I missed out on getting to the chiropractor today. Good luck trying to explain this one away. "Well, I hurt myself by squatting. Deep. With more than my bodyweight on the bar." I'll stretch out tonight, and probably hit the hot tub at the Y tomorrow and Sunday. Maybe that will loosen things up enough so that I can get some good stretch sessions. Going forward, I'll probably rehab it for the rest of the cycle and pick it up again next cycle. What about box squats? Might it be a good idea to work on them for a while, or is that asking for more trouble?

Well, we'll see if I can pull things together enough to bench on Sunday. Maybe by Tuesday I'll be good enough to deadlift.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote