View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #29
xKyle10
Disciple of Casey Butt
Max Brawn

xKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributorxKyle10 is a dedicated contributor

Also, asked Casey about Layne and his potential and he stated the following:

Quote:
This question is for Casey....how much more strength can he gain/where about is he at muscular potential wise? At the IFPA Pro International (following his mid 2006->Early 2010 offseason & pro debut), he weighed 196.7 lbs, just 5 lbs more than when he one his pro card. Obviously, his lifts increased A LOT, but I was going through his log recently (Layne Norton Reloaded: Back on my feet, like a freight train I'm coming! - Bodybuilding.com Forums) and there was not all that much mass added. Some back thickness, "muscle maturity", etc. but most of the added LBM went straight to his legs, mostly quads and a bit of hammies. He has noted that his calves are genetically his worst bodypart so I doubt he will ever reach his potential on those. I know we talked about his potential in that thread about a year back, but what do you reckon his current status? Do you think he will be able to get to 198-199 or even break 200 at a contest?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Butt
Statistically speaking, Layne should max out at a maximum of about 197-198 lbs at 4% body fat, and at 196.7 in sharp condition he was already just about there ...requiring four years to gain those five pounds (assuming similar conditions at both contests). He might continue to get stronger and perhaps a little bigger in his weak areas, but anyway you look at it he's knocking at the ceiling. His biggest obstacles now will gradually become time, age and accumulated injuries.

He never ceases to amaze me with his drive and motivation though ...never seems to quit or get knocked off course for long.
xKyle10 is offline   Reply With Quote