Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
Thanks. We have more in common.

As for BBB on squats/deads....keep in my this is only my 1st cycle. It may get too much for me pretty quick. I hope not I like it. I will switch my accessory lifts next time mainly to emphasize the newer equipment at the gym. Since I got to basically pick what I wanted I better show everyone the benefits of GHR's for example.

Wife and I are deer hunting this weekend hoping to add venison to the freezer.
Good. Work with the equipment you have. I'm rather limited. I would die to have a GHR station. I used to have a reverse hyper station. I wondered forever what that thing was that people kept setting their coats, towels, and notebooks on. Then I finally figured out what it was. I started using it. Two months later, they removed it. I try to make it a habit of running accessory work for at least two cycles. That way it gives me a chance to master a new lift, or at least make some measurable progress on something. So I would advise to keep things simple. Keep things consistant. Nothing wrong with testing out a different lift or piece of equipment. That's part of what I use deload weeks for, I like to experiment. I don't necessarily put a new lift into my next cycle, but I tuck it away and chew on things for future reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback View Post
Mr. Silverback, I thank you very much. OHP is a very bad lift for me, but I motivate myself to do it, because it will almost certainly transfer over to helping my BP. I'm embarassed by my numbers, but not ashamed. Someday I can feel proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
Val.

Can you feel the love with all the helpfull tips? lol
lol I think the dig a hole would work providing its summer and your not on bed rock.
Yeah, Rich. Its easy for people to say, "Well, just dig a hole in your back yard." That's why they make squat racks with adjustable safety bars I guess. Here I always thought those things were just for curling.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote