Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moore_716 View Post
If it was me I just wouldn't lift with them. The trainer at my gym doesn't agree with my workouts. I ask him questions now and then just to make him think I need his input. IMO experience is the best teacher period. No book can teach you what it feels like to hit a muscle. Each persons body is different and experience is the best teacher. What works for some won't work for others.
Well said! I pretty much agree with everyone here, but here is my 2cents on it.

The only successful training method is the one that makes your lift the most weight consistently; and for me its always been insanity, screaming and yelling. Training programs are only guidelines. Programs don't put pounds on your total, your mind and body do. Most strength training is CNS training IMO.

My advice for powerlifting is a step by step process before you do any programs.

1) make sure everyone knows the basics such as FORM.
how to use lats on the bench press
how to keep your knees spread and toes pointed out on squats
how to set up properly for the deadlift not the olympic clean
etc...

2) is maxing out and creating a total once proper form is used. You can't work on a training program based off %'s if you don't have a true max lift.

3)Templates are only guide lines, outside of compound movements and rep schemes training should be instinctive, based on ones weakness's.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote