Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Really interesting post thanks Rich. Do your depletion tactics have any relevance or carryover for when I try to cut weight for a meet? I did a very simple water load/slight carb' and sodium depletion but am now wondering if I could do more without affecting strength...

LtL
This is all done in the Peek week and couple days before. So as far as strength it has NO relevance for bbing. Thats why it is in the "Bbing" section not "power lifting"

I know some bber that P/L and use the same strategy as I will for my first P/L meet. Weigh in at a lower weight class and carb up right after weigh in. It has to be timed right and done with foods your body reacts well with for it to work correctly. This is were logs and tracking things all year and daily comes in.

All depends on your metabolize carbs. I know some bber that don't carb up till after they weigh in for a show or P/L meet because there body metabolizes carbs they found quick and efficiently, so they can pull it off.

If you only deplete and not do a cutting diet if you could deplete into a lower B/W class then fill back out. You would hit better lifts for the lower weight class than you would staying full and going in heavier and trying to set record lifts in that class.

It would boil down to do you like weighing in heavier or would you like to weigh in closer to dry LBM weight and refill and get better true weight to body weight ratio lifts?
When you weigh in full and tight you are 70% water weight. It on average only takes a few hours to fill back up. So I geuss it would also depend on how close together your weigh in and first lift are.

Depleation takes nothing more than heavy @ss lifts with short brake over a set time for each muscle group, it is described in a post I made.
Its buried so I will have to search it.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 10-14-2011 at 08:42 AM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote