As a competitive BBer. I never thought a bber could do power lifting until my comeback and followed more bber than in the past.
For any bber to be able to cross over and still get ripped once a year for a show like Layne and the guys at 3D Muscle Journey do. I respect them in both worlds.
If they do good they mastered 2 similar but not the same sports.
But we can't call them a BBer doing P/L it isn't fair. IF they started as a P/L and do BB also now it is like a P/L doing BBing in his/her off season.
Its like a Porsha winning a road race then getting fitted with knobby tires and winning a hill climbing race, or a big 4X4 winning a monster truck contest then hitting the circuit and winning a road race.
I am by trade a BBer but I have found my most gains have been made with combining the best of both worlds.
- P/L style w/o's (with my own twist)
- The science and nutrition detail of a Pro BBer.
1. Anyone stupid enough to to get under a chunk of iron that can kill them in a milla sec. deserves respect.
2. Any one as stated earlier, get up in front for 1000+ people basically naked and squeeze out some poses after 3-6 months of harsh dieting deserves respect.
3. Anyone that can master both? STAY THE HECK OUT OF THERE WAY.
I don't care if they are considered a BBer or P/L thats some dedication and drive right there.