Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
I am a big dirty cheat and use leg drive sometimes I only do it when necessary however.
Using leg drive can and should be used by anyone who does strict OHP. It helps keep you from becoming stagnant, and allows your upper body to work with weights that you generally wouldn't be able to press, or hit extra reps. Working with higher weights, and hitting higher reps on your normal worksets can do wonders for your strict OHP.

I'm not recommending you only do push press by any means, but you'd most certainly benefit from adding a couple extra reps in your sets by pushing beyond your capabilities. And I would also recommend using push press to finish out a set that you might be struggling with. However, don't look at PP as an easy way out because you don't wanna work.