Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
My priority is making myself stronger over moving more weight. Therefore I go as low as possible without rounding my back, which these days is pretty damn low, definetly below parallel.
Also, based on my own experience, I believe a deep squat is easier on and healthier for the knees.
The science backs up what your saying as well. When you go deep your knee is naturally supported by all the tendons around the knee joint. When you stop short of parallel that force is placed on just a couple tendons, which means they take far more of a beating.

Another problem is that most of the people I see doing half squats are doing a LOT more weight than they would be doing if they were going all the way down. I've seen guys rep out half reps with 3pps who could NEVER do 2pps to parallel and get back up. The problem here is that your putting even more tension on the back and knees, while placing less tension on the muscle. Squatting like that is the reason that people say squatting is bad for the knees. Less weight, go down deep, place tons of tension on the MUSCLE and less on the connective tissue and spine and watch your legs explode.