View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

And thanks to the rst of you for the support and added ideas. The team had a bye weekend last weekend, so we took the oportunity to do the upper-body gym day last Friday and the sled work last Saturday. Both my boys had a fun time with it.

Of course the best thing for him has been the three times a week football practice and the weekly games. His coaching staff is really great for this level of football. They really put on a good program. But the props really need to go to my kid for enjoying himself and putting in the effort.

When he first started the season (his first) he was absolutely pathetic. His coach told me the only reason he wasn't cut from the team was because he was so BIG. His line coach told him, "you'd be better off just falling down in a ball than that crap you're trying to do, at least the other guys would have to jump over you."

Since then he has worked his butt off and is now THE starting offensive tackle. He just came off of a fantastic game, hitting big, putting the D linemen on their butts, and even made a touchdown saving tackle after an interseption. That same coach said he's never seen a player make that much progress in his eight years of coaching.

My reason for telling you this, is not to brag about my kid, but to stress how important effort can be. That goes for every one of us in the gym. Effort and enjoyment can overcome a lot of natural ability. So my goal with the off-season routine for my son will be for him to enjoy it and put in the effort.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote