Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Chillen, I'm inline/agree with your mentality. Fat loss supplements and 'properties' are only a very, very small fraction of the big picture. They may certainly help but the benefits are marginal. NOTHING can overcome correct changes in diet (and adequate training). Most of the hype for these supplement/drugs are nothing more than marketing ploys. Maximize the minimum.

Something to consider on that topic: With the obesity "epidemic" in the United States, if there was a real fat loss wonder drug, don't you think you would have heard of it by now not to mention, seen its wide(er) spread use?
Do you think the medical industry really WANTS everyone to lose weight? I hate to be the conspiracy guy, but if everyone lost weight and got helathy then the medical industry would lose billions a year. I firmly believe that there are people sitting on multiple medications, or even just information, that would change the world for the better, but they can't make money off of it.

Here's an example; how many times have we proven over and over that fat doesn't make you fat? We've known it for a LONG time, yet you have states banning certain fats and countries taxing high-fat foods, even those that have been shown to have huge health benefits like certain oils.

Like I said, I don't want to be the conspiracy guy, and I really don't think it's a conspiracy. . .more like a small number of people making the decisions that are best for their pocket books.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote