View Single Post
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #30
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good question. In reading about Vince he seemed very comfortable with holding bold opinions. But even if I disagree with some of his notions, such as the squat making the butt too big, I still respect him.
I agree. I respect Vince Gironda - he had a star clientile and obviously his methods work. He also had a aesthetic physique to walk his talk.

But just as any training philosophy, it can't be applied to everyone. I don't like the parts about not squatting or deadlifting either. Parks, Draper and Zane all squatted and deadlifted. None of them had a blocky mid-section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
After college, and 2 years of squatting, I got a lot of great comments on my butt from woman. I will take the big butt any day.
A bit off topic, but sometimes I think men try double guessing women regarding their ideas of ideal male physique, and fail. We have our own ideals and fool ourselves into thinking that's what the opposite sex wants. Its natural for men to want to be alpha, but the women prefer the beta

Its kind of the same with women, wanting to get thinner, while they dont realize *most* guys like a well endowed figure compared to a skinny figure.

Most women (especially mid 20s and older) that I know prefer guys with a good sized butt, a physique that's more muscular than average, but not overly huge, body fat that's low enough to show an outline of abs, but still has an ounce of fat over the abs. At 5'10", think 165-180 @ 10-12%, and you will be a hit with *most* ladies, physique-wise.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 10-08-2011 at 11:47 AM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote