Fat, Pale, Weak
Max Brawn
Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35 Points: 3,277, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Beer
austin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machineaustin.j.taylor is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I guess what I meant by linear maybe wasn't the best use of the word. 5/3/1 jumps around a lot on the # of reps that were going on week to week. The progression scheme was a good one, but I always felt a little 'off' not being able to see how my 5 or 3 reps matched up week after week. I don't believe that I'm advanced enough for 5/3/1 to work at its full potential. If I can add 5-10 pounds a week, I would prefer to do that rather than waiting a month to add weight.
On 5/3/1 you need to compare your 5rm's, 3rm's and 1rm's across months, not weeks. For example, last month my 5rm for deadlift was 280x6, this month is 290X7.

If you can add weight to the bar every week, by all means do it. I cannot do that anymore and 5/3/1 has been a godsent for me lately.
austin.j.taylor is offline   Reply With Quote