Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
I never read about it it just made common sense to me that if I could concentrate on feeling the target muscle doing the work and not just gym rat throwing the weight, then obversely I was tearing up the right fibers and reduce the chance of injury.
Yeah, this is what I've read/experienced as well. There is such a thing as placing the bulk of the work on the muscle you want to work using compound lifts. The easiest one for most people to visualise is the lats while using some type of row, let's say a chest supported row. You can quite easily always flex the lats during the lift and direct the bulk of the weight lifted to be lifted by the lats.

After some experience you don't even need to reduce the poundages too much (although they will always be less than a power approach). This allows you better recovery and goes some way in explaining why some bodybuilders can get away with higher volume. The lifts done in this manner aren't as systematically fatiguing.

In my opinion if you've already built a good deal of mass and especially if you're a natural bodybuilder, then at least some of your training if not all should be devoted to this type of thing.

I do this type of thing on my lighter back off work, with laterals, rows, extensions etc.

Last edited by Fazc; 10-03-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote