Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

[QUOTE=Hazzard;175815]
[Why all that equipment?
Belts, straps, wraps, gloves and all the other miscellaneous equipment that accompanies a great deal of gym goers are perfectly valid to use (well, apart from gloves unless you want to stand out as someone who’s never lifted a weight before). However, people should concern themselves with why they are using this equipment and whether they should or not. For example there is certainly no need to wear a belt when doing lat. pull-downs. And yes, I’ve seen it. If you’re aiming to pull a new personal best on the deadlift, however, then you’re more than welcome to belt up. I see way too many people wearing belts, wrist straps and gloves when they simply aren’t necessary. And yet, like I say, they are perfectly valid pieces of equipment when utilised properly.

I actually wear gloves for almost all lifts because the barbells and dumbbells cut the living hell out of my hands. Wouldn't bother me much only for the fact I am a writer by trade.
And my wife bugs the hell out of me for the cuts I have

All fine points though, especially the warm up one. This is why Madcow is such a great program as you have numerous light(ish) sets before the big one. I always warm up with the bar on squats and bench anyway.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote