View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 09:26 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrain View Post
A few questions about the workout:

1) for bench, if I can not find a spotter what should I do? The dumbbells only go to 50lbs. Should I use the smith machine and add more weight? Hard to find a spotter when no one speaks the same language and the trainers are useless as I asked one and he spotted me for one set and walked off.

2)over head press. Should this be seated or standing?

3)high pull. should this be done strict or should you have a little bend in your knees and "stand up" as you are pulling? What about alternating with sumo dead lift high pulls?

4)goblet squats. Again, very small free wights. Any alternatives to get more weight?

Thank you! started the other night and I am super sore.
1) You have a squat rack or any rack with adjustable pins?

2) I prefer them seated, but it doesn't matter much.

3) I wouldn't get involved with the sumo stance version until you feel comfortable with the movement in general.

This is an explosive type movement. I personally set up like a power clean and explode the bar up in the same manner.

4) Give this a try. (If you haven't already) Even 50 pounds is hard. There are certainly alternatives, but this is a good light style leg exercise that also trains the core quite hard. I am hesitant to recommend another lift until we see how your back is holding up to the demands of a fullbody program.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote