View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default A Note to Bodybuilders

Rich brought up the fact that bodybuilders don't like it here because I stress eating big. A couple of points I wanted to mention to any lurking, competitive bodybuilders:

1) My advice isn't for intermediate to advanced bodybuilders. They know how to eat and train, and have very specific and unique goals.
2) Most novices that ask me for help are both undereating and undertraining. I am not trying to turn anyone into a sumo wrestler. The approach I advocate is aimed at facilitating muscle gain, not excessive fat gain.

I understand that right now I am a bigger guy, and into powerlifting. But long before I worried about strength I was obsessed with only muscle. I built a solid amount of muscle in my first 2 years of training, and though I stay around 270 right now, I weighed under 210 most of my adult life.

I firmly believe that the fastest way to build muscle is to train hard and eat harder. I tend to not view things in terms of contest cycles and off-seasons because very few of us are competitive bodybuilders. I am trying to help beginners maximize progress as fast as possible.

Novices can add quite a bit of muscle in the first 2 years of hard training, but if they eat too finely they risk a dramatic reduction in this rate.

As someone who has walked in both worlds, I know there are many things we can learn about both. I have gained both strength and size, but am no expert. One thing I do know is this:

If you are young, and still have a fast metabolism, I am confident that if you listen to my advice I can turn you into a beast within 2-3 years.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links