BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Josh, most stuff I've read has said as your weight goes up most of your lifts will go up too. But at a certain point if your weight keeps climbing your Deadlift will start to stall, there are various reasons for this, the belt not allowing you to get down is probably one of the reasons.

Anecdotally I have noticed the same thing on the few occasions I reached 220-230lbs bodyweight, bending over and picking up the bar was considerably more of a struggle than when I'm my usual 190-200lbs.

I don't think the ab-size is a major factor here, unfortunately Sorry bro, I don't mean anything bad with this but I think it's a bodyfat issue.
No doubt my weight could be a factor. I'm not sloppy fat, but I'm not a lean dude either. Thanks for the insight.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote