View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 11:10 AM   #14
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have had issues while on food binges and my digestion is backed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Thanks for the link. I don't know off the top of my head what percentage of my 1 rm my 5rm works out to. I do know it feels heavy enough to me that I feel the need for the extra support when deadlifting.
I always remove my belt when not in use and only use it on the heaviest set.
The digestive/regular motion points are important ones; when the stomach is full there is more pressure on the chest area because the lungs cannot expand as far downwards as they should be able to and so breathing is restricted, add a belt and you get even further restrictions on the breathing. The fullness of the stomach can also cause food to be forced back up into the throat and for GERD/acid reflux to take place; using a belt under those circumstances could add to the problem, since even squatting and movements that place added pressure on the abdominal area can cause the reflux to occur even without the addition of more tension in the form of a belt.

I read way too much stuff