View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Personally, squatting 3x a week ain't to taxing; for what its worth I use the oly squat/front squat. The deadlift is what I'd worry about -- on a program like this you want to keep the dead volume low only go all out every few weeks. A beginner however will be able to get away with heavy-ish deads frequently because the max is always changing.

The exercise selection looks fine. A push can be any big movement that has you push something. As for the deadlifts, I'd throw them on day 3 and put cleans on day 2 OR keep cleans and deadlifts on day 3 and each week just do one (w1 - clean, w2 - dead, w3 - clean, w4 - dead...). Past that it really comes down to sets/reps/weight and how you progress.

I would personally give Starting Strength a run for a few months or until you stall. At 81 kg I believe you have a lot more strength in ya than the max's you listed. If you run SS correctly, your 5RM's for the squat and dead should easily pass your bodyweight.

---

Shadow, just curious as to why 2 days instead of the 3?
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote