View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 08:07 AM   #9
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Funny spotting story-

My wife trains with me sometimes, and she does a great job lifting for a beginner, but she gets REALLY nervous about not knowing certain things or doing them wrong. One day I was benching, and on my last set I knew I wanted a little help getting it in position. I asked my wife to give me a lift-off. She started getting all nervous so I told her "On the count of 3 just help me get the bar over me chest, then help me just a little if the bar stops moving up."

Fairly simple instructions, or so I thought.

I got under the bar, tightened up, arched up, got my grip, then counted to three. She grabs the bar, helps me move it out, then KEEPS HOLDING THE BAR. I summon just enough breath to scream "LET GO!". When she finally does, my breath is all gone and I've got nothing left, so I just drop the bar back into the rack.

When I asked her what the hell she was thinking, she told me the bar wasn't over my chest yet, then said "I TOLD you not to have me do this."
lost in translation, huh?