Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
I just completed a 3 month run of the MadCow. You will get stronger if you stick w/ this routine.

When I started to waiver, I just backed the program up 3 wks and started over. If you are having trouble recovering, don't want to squat heavy multiple times/week, and don't like long workouts....the MadCow will not be for you. Those are the exact reasons I'm switching next week. I'm going to give the 5/3/1 a go for awhile.

BTW, turned 47 today.....you can do it.
5/3/1 was the first thing I thought of. you'll still have the planned progression, but at a slower and more managable pace, and you won't be doing as many heavy sets of the same weights in a row as you're doing on SL.

5/3/1 is also something you can stay on for a looong time if you want.

That being said, I'd also like to know how much weight you've gained on your current protocol. Some thing they are eating enough to get bigger, but it can be hard to know.

Last edited by Soldier; 09-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote