Thread: Wheat Belly
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Here's the thing...we all agree on most of the same issues:

1) White flour and sugar are evil.
2) High fructose corn syrup is bad for us.
3) Heavily processed foods are not optimal.
4) Fat is not evil and does not make you fat.

The work of Weston Price revealed that as a culture moves away from natural food sources, that are often high in fat, and also include things like organ meat, and move towards a processed diet that health deteriorates noticeably.

Far too often Paleo is generically labeled "low carb" or "anti-this or that" when it's far more complex than that.

We are eating fake butter instead of real butter, and this is considered healthy. We eat low-fat processed foods that contain added corn syrup for flavor, and low-sugar processed foods that contain corn oil for flavor. We eat veggies out of a can.

These issues to be are why I beat the drum for a more natural diet. If someone wants to eat a few natural carb sources then have at it. It's much better than processed carb crap.

But also take time to study the possible health risks associated with a carb heavy diet. Notice I said "heavy" which relates to the fat fear culture we currently live in.

We live in a world that believes fat makes you fat, and that eating good cholesterol kills you. Many of our beliefs are nonsense.

Very few foods that most people eat are natural. This tendency is what I am moving my family away from.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote