Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Very strongly worded, but entertaining blogs on this from Jamie Lewis (at chaos and pain). Not safe for viewing while at work

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
This is the sort of thing I was getting at. Thanks for the links Kit, especially Part 1. Also what Ltl said about Tate's advice.

When I first started all I wanted to do was win. I was naturally fat so I was very aware of weight categories, I actually competed in the 110kg category once after only a couple years of training and I was shit there. I dropped past the 100's, past 90 and into the 82.5kg where I was lean and muscular and did most of my lifting. Nowadays I weigh in at a relatively smooth 95kg, 90kg is definitely much more like it. If however I was to push it and diet down really slowly then 85kg (cutting water to 82.5) would be a possibility if I were ripped. If I could hold onto my strength at that bodyweight and bodyfat level, I'd be very competitive.

That's the sort of thing I was wondering about, considering I've been training for well over a decade now and have a relatively light bone structure I don't envision much going much higher than the 82kg class while i'm in shape. According to the Casey Butt potential calculator that is pretty much spot on too.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote