View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by abett07 View Post
I just had a weight session were I performed nothing but olympic lifts with very light weights and had lots of fun with these lifts.
Good. It's good to have fun with you're sessions. It's even better when the moves performed are moves worth performing.

Quote:
Given the technical nature of these lifts can they provide good results with both size and strength to justify the extra effort required to learn the lifts ?
Absolutely!

This question has been the basis for a lot of what Steve and I have been working on. The wholebody aspect of these lifts is tremendous.

When looking at Olympic programs that supplement a wider array of assistance exercses you see lifters with very impressive physiques.

More importantly is the fact that the assistenace work is truely treated as assistence work. They are not worried about bodybuilding, but rather at creating strength. The Olympic lifts reign supreme as the lift to progress. Assistence work is done a weights that will not impede this aspect in the training.

So far from what I have been able to dig up, the Russians may have some of the best natural weighlifting programs, followed closely by the Chinese. This is said in the context of programs with a wide array of assistance work being done.

Quote:
Can the olympic lifts still be used in a routine with lifts such as squats,deadlifts,benches ,presses without over training ?
Yes!

Russian and Chinese lifters who's programs employ a wide array of assistance lifts.

Last edited by glwanabe; 09-26-2011 at 08:29 AM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote