View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 06:46 AM   #3
abett07
Brawn
Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35 Points: 3,343, Level: 35
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

abett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good postsabett07 has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Well, it all hinges on the relative worth of learning how to perform these exercises, and that really can only be decided by you.

The size and strength benefits will come with heavier weight. But heavier weight will only be possible with good technique, so... back to the relative worth question.

As for including them in a routine, yes they absolutely can be integrated. Spartigus is one member who trains in these lifts regularly, in addition to conventional bench, deads and squats.

And they are fun, for sure. The lighter the weight, the more of a cardio focus these lifts have (from my limited perspective, at least. Think Crossfit). But you can consider clean presses and snatches etc as great exercises for building muscle and power.

But again, if you're not committed to learning proper form, it's a fool's endeavour.
thanks for the response ,just to clarify I dont want to sound lazy about learning proper form its just that I would want these exercises to give results that can be gained from lifts that are easier to perform such as squats and deadlifts
abett07 is offline   Reply With Quote