SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Kids have no business in full-contact martial arts, end of story. Adults have the maturity to understand the risks involved and make a conscious informed decision to compete, but no parent should allow a 9 year old kid to participate in something like this.

Edit:

After reading the whole article, I have to update my opinion on this somewhat. Based upon the rules that were conveyed in the article, I see this as very similar to kids' judo. In judo, no strikes are permitted, and joint locks aren't permitted until students reach a certain age. Sooo... I don't agree with them calling it MMA and "cage fighting", but the basic premise of the competition isn't as bad as it sounds.
Valentin Konstantin Platz

Last edited by Aurik; 09-23-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote