Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

This topic I feel I know a little something about,

The above routine would be too much for me, but with a few modifications would work

Monday:
Flat Bench - 3 x 10
Decline DB Bench - 3 x 10
DB French Press - 3 x 10

Wednesday
Pec Fly - 3 x 15

Friday
Incline DB Bench - 3 x 12
Dips - 3 x MAX
Skullcrushers - 3 x 12

That's basically the same routine but with days mixed around and reps increased.

If the rest periods were limited to 1 minute between sets that for me would be a perfectly good routine with *minimal* joint stress. The proviso here is that the weights would have to be light, say 60% of a 1RM. If we take the Bench as an example; if your 1RM is 160kg then of course 60% being about 100kg would still give you a good training effect. However if your 1RM is 100kg then mincing around with 60kg is hardly worth it.

This is why by doing the power stuff, you're making the bodybuilder stuff useful.

Personally I feel even powerlifters should devote at least a few months out of the year to pure bodybuilder style training, it's great for the joints and makes you strong in movements you may not normally be strong in.

Plus the chicks dig it.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote