View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 04:39 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Thanks for moving the thread, BTB.

25-30% - wow, that's a lot.

So, sounds like the same general mistrust of the government? I don't mean the Obama administration, I just mean in general.

Has this got a lot worse since the failure to discover WMD in Iraq? Or had the rot set in before then?
Regarding the 25-30%...It's not exactly folks that put a lot of thought in things. Probably more a general distrust of the government. My wife works with a lady who believes the international space station is as big as Texas. These are the types of folks who also believe in pink unicorns, healing crystals, and other fringe nonsense.

The WMD was more a media thing. Some Americans cared, but it wasn't exactly a hot topic for most people I knew. Don't want to sound like I am minimizing it, but it just wasn't anything most were passionate about.

Most of the conspiracy belief comes from a general feeling that government is lying to us.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-17-2011 at 04:43 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote