View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #7
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Very impressive if you ask me. Form was certainly off (knees/torso), but I though it great compared to what I've seen from other kids her age. Kids are usually hyper-flexible OR rather much more flexible than us and still developing coordination gives most kids a clumsy look under the bar or just really bad form.

As for kids lifting, I see no reason against it as long as the kids kept on a tight leach, technique/form is constantly improved, and the child actually wants to do it. Gives the kid something to do, makes him/her stronger, helps improve coordination. That said, some type of base should be developed through simple body weight stuff before the bar gets put in the hand, imo. The stunted growth and extremely dangerous arguments are drivel.

Bet she has an awesome GM.

Last edited by Pull14; 09-16-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote