Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

First lower body routine is complete!

It was an enlightening experience, especially trying to do squats for time. It didn't work out like I thought it would. I fould myself "saving" myself and had trouble keeping track of time on my own. As I got out my 30th rep with 135 the 2:30 mark passed, and my back was pumping so bad that I called it a day and racked it. Instead of timing it, I think I'm going to go by reps. Today I did 30, next time I'll try for 35, then 40. Once I reach 50 I'll add weight and go back down to 30.

Today's workout;
Warm up- 4:00 walking on steepest incline on treadmill at 2.5 mph. Heart rate was 140 at completion of Warm up.
Squats-
135x5 and 185x3 for warm up.
135x30 for working set.
Leg extensions-
60x20
90x15
Standing single leg curl machine-
25x13
15x18
Calf presses with bar on back, using step.
135x12
225x9
315x5
225x7
135x10

body weight today- 208

Caloric intake is being lowered, mostly because I'm just so over the food I'm eating. I consider this a big positive, because I don't have to fight the urge to eat when I'm just not that excited about what I'm going to be eating. That being said, I haven't had much hunger to deal with, and I feel GREAT. My body is running very well off of fat. Energy is good, waking up in the morning is really easy, even though I have trouble getting to sleep at night which would normally leave me groggy in the morning. This diet is working PERFECTLY for my goals. I can see just a bit more in the abs than I could a week ago. Muscles do look a bit flat, but WHO CARES. I'm trying to get lean and strong, and how my muscles look is definitely in third place behind the other two, even if it's admittedly a close third.

Not sure if I'll rest tomorrow or do something for some cardio. Maybe a little racquetball to get the blood flowing and the heart pumping.

Last edited by Soldier; 09-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote