Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

First lower body routine is complete!

It was an enlightening experience, especially trying to do squats for time. It didn't work out like I thought it would. I fould myself "saving" myself and had trouble keeping track of time on my own. As I got out my 30th rep with 135 the 2:30 mark passed, and my back was pumping so bad that I called it a day and racked it. Instead of timing it, I think I'm going to go by reps. Today I did 30, next time I'll try for 35, then 40. Once I reach 50 I'll add weight and go back down to 30.

Today's workout;
Warm up- 4:00 walking on steepest incline on treadmill at 2.5 mph. Heart rate was 140 at completion of Warm up.
Squats-
135x5 and 185x3 for warm up.
135x30 for working set.
Leg extensions-
60x20
90x15
Standing single leg curl machine-
25x13
15x18
Calf presses with bar on back, using step.
135x12
225x9
315x5
225x7
135x10

body weight today- 208

Caloric intake is being lowered, mostly because I'm just so over the food I'm eating. I consider this a big positive, because I don't have to fight the urge to eat when I'm just not that excited about what I'm going to be eating. That being said, I haven't had much hunger to deal with, and I feel GREAT. My body is running very well off of fat. Energy is good, waking up in the morning is really easy, even though I have trouble getting to sleep at night which would normally leave me groggy in the morning. This diet is working PERFECTLY for my goals. I can see just a bit more in the abs than I could a week ago. Muscles do look a bit flat, but WHO CARES. I'm trying to get lean and strong, and how my muscles look is definitely in third place behind the other two, even if it's admittedly a close third.

Not sure if I'll rest tomorrow or do something for some cardio. Maybe a little racquetball to get the blood flowing and the heart pumping.

Last edited by Soldier; 09-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote