Originally Posted by T-Bone
Love this log, so much variety, so much enthusiasm. Really good work DW!
Originally Posted by LtL
Nice axle dead's buddy. Bell work looks fun.
Originally Posted by Mr.Silverback
nice work DW, axle deads looked effortless and fun. Bro your ripped...seriously nice work on the KB work as well
Thanks, gorilla-dude. The axle deads were fun, but they weren't effortless. I could feel my grip loosening during the 489 and 500, so it was tougher than it looked.
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter
Nice work DW! There are some very interesting exercises to be had with the KB for sure; getting up from a TGU with that weight overhead is intriguing the first time it's tried and the BUCP along with the BUTGU is frankly frightening at times, but fun
Have you tried the Waiter Press at all? I'm only at 8kg with that particular exercise, I may get to 12kg one day
but there's a lot of balance involved and it's such a strict press both of which make it feel 10x heavier than it really is.
BUTGU? Are you insane?
No, I never tried the waiter press, but it looks cool. Thanks for the suggestion.
Originally Posted by BendtheBar
One of these DW you have to share your eating approach. I would love to see how the heck you stay so lean while beefing up.
You want it? You got it!
- no MSG (monosodium glutamate) or aspartame (i.e. Nutrasweet)
- avoid BPA (Bisphenol A) which is found in some plastics and cans
- avoid soy (e.g. soy protein, hydrogenated soybean oil, soy milk, etc.)
- rarely soda or beer, with some occasional hard liquor when I'm out with friends
- almost all of my fluid intake comes from filtered* water
- plenty of dead animals, especially cow, along with chicken, turkey, and fish (mainly tuna)
- plenty of eggs (usually 4-5 per day) with the yolk
- less refined carbs compared to when I was younger
- almonds and pumpkin seeds as snacks
- daily supplements: ZMA, vitamin C/D/E, fish oil, beef amino tablets, and protein powder
* The best water filter is from Zero Water. It removes everything, unlike Brita which doesn't remove sodium fluoride.
4 sets of 5 with 365
3 sets of 3 with 395
1 set of 1 with 260 (5.5lb PR)
10,9,8 with 115
Standing Angled Calf Raise:
3 sets of 12 with 240
1 set in both directions with 20
^ I threw in the TYW because I brought it to show Tony (BodybyGamma), then decided to use it with him.
255x1, 265x1, 275x1 (30lb PR), 280x0
^ The 280 was nearly finished, but I couldn't completely straighten my arms.
Low-Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
10,8,3 with 85s
^ I failed the 9th rep of the 2nd set, then was totally out of gas for the 3rd set.
Seated EZ-Bar French Press:
3 sets of 10 with shorter EZ-bar + 40
20,20,10 with BW
^ This was less than the last time that I did it, which was 25,20,15. I think that was due to my pecs being sore from the first couple of things, and that extreme hand spacing taxes not just the back/biceps/forearms, but also the chest.
30 cards, one time
^ This was difficult and took 2-3 minutes, which was longer than I expected, but I finished the tear cleanly.
Anello Deadlift Cycle
405x5, 475x3, 525x2
^ below the knee
4 sets of 5 with bar+250
Dumbbell Hammer Curl:
8,7,6 with 40s or 45s (can't remember which pair I used)
^ simultaneous, not alternating
EZ-Bar Reverse Curl:
8,7,6 with shorter EZ-bar + 40
^ These last two exercises were super-sets.
1 set of 10 w/ each hand with the 70
4 sets of 1 w/ each hand with the 70
3 sets of 5 w/ each hand with 25
Plate Pinch Lift w/ Last Two Fingers & Thumb:
2 sets of 1 w/ each hand with two 10s