Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm glad to know they changed this. I was in basic with an ex-Auburn football who weighed 225 and they used to make him run and run and run to lose weight.
Honestly, at this point the Army has no choice. That may change if we really go into peacetime mode, but if they tried to hold high standard with the video game generation they wouldn't have anyone going in.

There are three types of people I've seen going in. There's the scrawny pencil neck video game geeks, the slow, overweight video game geeks, and the athletes who don't have a single issue in PT. Of course, you can't generalize enery single person, but most fall into these categories.

One annoying thing is that they have us do tons of situps, but then if our waistes grow it makes the numbers look like we have more fat. That's why I've been training my neck to counter that affect. You can see in my profile pick that I have a large waiste, with huge hip bones that stick out of my sides. Sure, I've got some fat to lose, but the neck to waiste ratio is just a horrible way to test BF%.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote