Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hey soldier...been a while since I went in service. Has the recruiter talked about what bodyweight they expect you to be at once you get into basic?
They do go by weight, but if someone is over weight then they measure bodyfat. They do it by measuring your neck and your waiste and plugging the numbers into a formula. It's completely idoitic, and every person who measures you does it differently. Sometimes I'm 18%, sometimes 22%, depending on who measures me.

Either way, I only have to be under something like 26%, so I'm fine. I have a lot less fat and am in much better shape than a lot of guys going in.

There's good news as far as PT. One of the future soldiers is placed in charge of the whole group. He/she runs PT, choosing what we do for the whole workout. This person is known as the Platoon Sergeant. Our last Platoon Sergeant was this ball-busting chick who kicked our asses, but not in what I consider a positive way. She expected brand new soldiers to know things, and we got dropped when they didn't, even if it was their first day. The new platoon Sergeant is a little less gung-ho, and is more open to suggestions from others, myself included. I plan to apply some of my training knowledge when I get the chance to.

At this point it's almost a certaintly that I'm 2nd or 3rd in line to be the next platoon sergeant, which will be a lot of fun. I've already come up with a few routines that should give everyone a great workout, with scalability for different fitness levels, which is what is missing now.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links