Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Like most all of you , my emotions were all over the place that day. I remember feeling numb, spending a lot of time on the phone checking on friends and family and spending a lot of time crying. To date, I can't see film of that day without tears coming to my eyes. Even now I sit here with tears welling up before the Jet - Cowboys game. The pipes playing Amazing Grace are not helping ( they make me cry every time!).

After the fact I found my sister had been in the towers, days before, producing a tv program. My brother had been helping (with a legal issue) a Navy officer at the pentagon who just minutes before the plane's impact had gone to the opposite side of the building to check on his child in the nursery. The plane went through his office. My sister, the TV producer, was a volunteer for the Arlington PD, could not get home from the Learning Channel after the crash and ended up helping with traffic control at the pentagon. This was the beginning of her brief career in law enforcement. She made me proud in the days following 9-11.

Growing up in the military and living in the home of the World's largest Military installation, I have never been so proud of our military men and women. They give in ways we sometimes could not imagine. I mourn with the families over every loss and rejoice over every victory. Our community seems to get hit hard every time there is a major operation or chopper crash. I thank our military men and women, our police and fire men and women every chance I get.

Sorry for the ramble, but feels good to ramble.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote