View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 PM   #58
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I don't have those ruled out of the 10-12 lifts, but I wouldn't recommend them until:

A) I trust the lifter.
B) The lifter has built some core strength.

I believe the equation is: Force = Mass x Acceleration. Force to me is the definition of explosiveness.

A fast bar speed simply means that there was a greater acceleration over time. Acceleration times increase when weight decreases. Heavier reps/reps towards failure tend to be more explosive simply because the lifter needs to explode out of the gate to complete a rep.

These are the reps that count the most. According to the Carpinelli meta study, which can be referenced in the writings of Clarence Bass, the last reps are more important, regardless of the training style.

Weight Training With Effort - Many Ways

The only reason I mention this is simple because I believe all heavy forms of lifting to be explosive. I consider the Olympic movements to be complex - moreso then explosive, therefore a beginner should not do them until they have some core and stabilizer strength built up.
all very good points, but instead of worrying about stabalizer strength why not just start light. Also for the trainee with limited time to train the olympic lifts like snatches and clean and jerks work a relatively large amount of the body's muscles in minimal time compared to the typical style of training employed by most trainers
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote