Thought this might be quite a fun thread if people get involved. So, as the title says, what's in your gym bag? What necessities do you take with you when you play the iron game and get ready to tear it up?
As I created the thread I should participate, so here's a list of things currently occupying my bag that I take to the gym every day (well, it was until a homemade protein shake leaked and ruined my bag, now I'm using a crappy rucksack until I can be bothered to replace it):
- Notebook & pen - self-explanatory, used for keeping track of lifts, sets and reps
- Caffeine pills - 200mg pills I take before training although I'm looking for a new pre-workout stimulant as I'm becoming pretty caffeine tolerant
- Lifting belt - same size all the way round, like a boss
- Deodorant - yup
- Knee wraps - used these once, ouch is all I'm going to say
- Bench press slingshot - to help overload the bench and allow me to lift more than I can raw
- Wrist straps - to protect my wrists
- Leotard - usually not in there, but I wear it when going for BIG lifts to simulate a comp/judge depth
- Empty bottle - for water n stuff
- Smelling salts - for big lifts, only really use it for comps
- Chalk and chalk box - like cocaine
- Bottle of talc - again, only really used in comps for the deadlift to lubricate (so to speak...) the legs
- Protein shakes - I usually have a couple of protein shakes in there for/from before and after training.
- BCAAs - orange flavour so I can drink them throughout my workout, not sure if they've made a massive difference, but with my sometimes mega workouts it certainly can't hurt
So yeah, what does everyone keep in their gym bag?