View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #433
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieleIta View Post
Hello Cisco...two questions:
1-Why don't you use barbell bench press?

2-How do you involves in a typical 3x15 if you get the failure in the first set?Do you reduce the weight in the other sets?How do you involves in the next week?

Thank you big man;-)
Hey Daniel, nice to see you around here again brother! as far as your questions:

1. I dont use the bb bench press because i never got any benefits from it...only injuries, some people are not built for this exe and i firmly believe that i was one of them...However did it for a while long long time ago and it always felt akward and my chest never grew( i only got huge delt and tris pumps LOL!)...then i read a study that was conducted to find which exercises cause the greatest amount of activity within each muscle group and, as a consequence, determine which exercises will produce the greatest gains in mass and strength. To make the story short the BB bench ranked very low in the list.(aprox 80's% stimulation) while the DB press ranked top around 95%. So i said...ok no more bb bech for me...and i have been focusing on DB ever since....my chest has improved a so much since i made that change that i am never going back to the bb.

2. Not sure if i understand your question, but from what i understand; I almost never work until total failure...i always leave one rep in the tank. But when i go until failure i rest a little more to recover for the next set or i cut the weight a little...remeber your body doesnt know weight only stress..as long as you are training with a porpuse (strenght, hypertrophy, musc endurance) your body doent care about how much weight you have on the bar...he will feel only time under tension, max effort, etc and will make addaptations based on that. Hope this helps