View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
The only thing I can think of would be isometrics, where he both flexes his calf and tibialis anterior at the same time as hard as he can with the intention of keeping his ankle immobile. Not that he CAN move it at all.

Again, that's all I've got.
Thanks Aurik, anything is better than nothing, for consideration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Can he stand with the ball of his foot on a plate or board and do statics? Say maybe holding dumbbells or kettlebells?
Thanks Steve, I never thought of that one; that might be a possibility that we can work on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Don't know if they are suppose to, but high rep leg curls make my calves burn like crazy. Thats about the only thing i can think of that doesnt require foot movement.
Thanks Bruteforce, leg curl is a good option if we end up going to the gym, depending on whether he's able to get the fused ankle through the narrow gaps left for the legs in the machine.

Thanks for the ideas guys. When he sees the surgeon in Jan, he's going to try to remember to ask him about the calf issue as well; but at least until then we now have some viable options.