View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Lookin forward to the new log. I with you and BTB on the leg press.

How'd the hub. like Beginners? Been wanting to see it.
Hubby gave the film a 1 out of 10...it was a bit too much all over the place for him; but he said there were positive points in the portrayals though he expected a lot more because of the lead men but it just didn't deliver.

He's just gone off to the pics again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Like the new log and if it means you dont get bored and we get more musings of Babs then it has to be a good thing...

Leg Press Sucks

Carl.
Yeah, I figured writing things at the gym then filling in paper here and then writing it all out again for the forum was getting tedious, and I didn't get as much time to get to other people's logs, plus I only have the odd increase in weight or breakthrough...so musings and a few snippets of lifts minus all the reps/sets stuff (possibly) seems the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I used leg press Thursday as a part of a heavy circuit with barbell rows and dumbell bench. It works for that stuff because when you're heart rate is up you don't have to worry about passing out on heavy squats, but that's probably the singular argument for their existence.

That, and making people feel like they are at least doing SOMETHING for their legs, lol.
I think the Leg Press would have been better had the trainer explained the finer points but as it was all I got was "Back against the seat, brace abs, push!" he omitted the points about pelvic tilt, and not to go too deep on it, in fact he kept encouraging me to go deeper just because he saw that I could, even though that didn't signify that I had good lumbar flexibility just that I had good hip flexibility and after doing research I needed more of the former for the Leg Press.

He also didn't lower the weight load from when he was demonstrating the machine, not that I had any issues with it, but I feel he should have set it to the lightest setting since I'd never used the machine before...I don't even know what weightload I was pushing, I'll have a nose at the machine this week and see, since it was about 5 or so blocks down.

I've also got to ask them if they're in lbs or kgs.