Old 09-03-2011, 08:39 AM   #29
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Big session today. What was meant to just be DE and assistance turned into DE and then ME then assistance. I've decided to do two ME bench press sessions a week while I'm still young and physically capable of doing so without killing myself. The main ME session on Tuesday is going to be focused on full ROM benching in reps of 1-3, possibly with bands or whatever, to a pause or touch and go. Anything that's heavy as f**k and touches my chest. Saturday, on the other hand, is going to be ME preceded by my standard DE work, the former of which is going to consist of sets of 1-3, with or without bands, and with a board of various sizes. For example, the aim for the next few weeks is to take what I achieved today on the board press and gradually increased the distance I have to press week by week, hopefully leading to a strong as hell press. I like to think that in the end this should hopefully as smoosh (I doubt that's what the EliteFTS guys call it...) together and leave me with a hench bench press.

Anyway, after that wall of text here's today's bench session:

03/09/11

DE Bench Press
Warm-Up
60+red bandsx5
80+red bandsx3x3 sets
90+red bandsx3x3 sets
100+red bandsx3x2 sets
60+red bandsx8

3-Board Bench Press
100+red bandsx3
130+red bandsx3
145+red bandsx3
155+red bandsx3

Al reckons the bands add around 20kg-ish to the top of the lift, so that final press had me locking out at around 175kg, so I'm pretty pleased with that. Was tempted to go a little higher, but Big Daddy Al said I should leave it at that.

V-Bar Pull-Down
35x18
45x8
50x4>35x12

> represents a drop set

Band Pull-Apart
Red bandx50

Just want to finish by saying thank you to Al for letting me use his kit. Bands are pretty damn fun and I need to get some of my own soon! I'm exhausted, my CNS has taken a battering these last couple of days so I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon eating and playing video games, woot!