View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Then I'm pretty sure she's an idiot.
I think one of the big names at another forum used to preach 150-160 max if I remember correctly.

It was usually framed with the belief that anymore is useless for muscle growth. While that very well may be true, this advice also encouraged novices with fast metabolisms to eat an immense amount of carbs.

If someone requires a lot of calories to grow, I personally believe they need to focus more on increasing fat intake while seeking a better balance between protein and carbs.

I am not a huge fan of high carb diets, but will hold back on regurgitating my dogma right now because I know most people won't go Paleo. I certainly do not follow strict Paleo year round, but try to.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote