The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
Not to put you in the spotlight or correct you, but rather for educational purposes: There is such a thing as too much protein. There have been studies linking excessive protein intake and kidney problems. That's neither here nor there really; your recommendation of 1.2g is not going to pose risk to the health of an athlete.

As Off-Road called it, you want to be looking at 1.2g per pound of LBM. With skinnier people the recommendation of per pound of body weight is not going to hurt anyone, but when you're dealing with obese individuals, specifically the really heavy guys, their intake could be far too excessive.

There have been several studies, which can be found on pubmed, that show .8g-1.2g per pound of LBM is sufficient for athletes. If you're bulking, 1.5 isn't going to hurt, but 2g per pound of LBM offers little to no benefit.

Again, this is in the context of an individual who trains frequently and regularly.

Wanted to jump in and say that I have scarring damage in my kidneys from health issues as a kid. I eat unlimited amount of meat and experience no issues in renal health. It'll be hard to overdose on protein if you get it from meat. Anyone who thinks going through a tub of protein powder in a day is a good idea is just silly. Not disagreeing with you Shadow, just wanted to point out that its difficult to naturally eat too much protein.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote