Thread: New Routine?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

3 days fullbody plus a fourth for strongman is a good approach. Your workout design looks solid.

I am also going to give you a streamlined 3 day version as an alternative.

Monday
Power Clean
Squat
Push Press
Farmer's Walk

Wednesday
Deadlift
Goblet Squat or Front Squat
Bench Press
Chin Ups

Friday
Power Clean and Press
Squat - Lighter day
Dips
Tire Flips

Each workout basically follows a pull, squat and press format, excluding Friday which has the pull and press together. Friday is a lighter squat day, perhaps 80% of Monday's work.

I inserted goblet squats because they are not only challenging but also great for the core. They are certainly not a necessity, but if you've never tried them I highly recommend giving hem a go. If you like them you could move front squats to Friday and keep goblets on Wednesday.

Bench press is once a week which should be fine. If you want a greater bench frequency you could alternate every other work between bench and an overhead press variation.

This program also leaves room for an additional lighter 5th exercise if you want to add anything.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote