Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Medical condition ensured my stomach feels crap for the day. Got sick this morning, before the workout and after. Been sick 30+ times prior to a workout over the years and it rarely affects my performance oddly enough!

Week 1: Day 1: Weights in KG
Squat: 60 x 5, 80 x 5, 100 x 5 x 3 sets: Looked at a Rippetoe video on squatting last night and slightly altered my stance and utilized my hips more. The result was a ridiculously easy squat. I expected it to be well within my range but I really focused on hip drive and it paid off. Probably be 18+ sessions before squat is near or at my PR level which gives me loads of time to work on form. When I get to 120 x 5, I want to destroy it.

Bench: 45 x 5, 60 x 5, 75 x 5 x 3: No foot drive in first 2 sets. 3rd set was better but overall, harder than it should have been. An extra 7.5kg would have proved problematic.

Row: 20 x 5, 40 x 5, 55 x 5 x 3: Felt real good. Knew the weight was light enough so form was the key. Used an underhand grip and the motion was smooth with a nice hold at the top of the movement instead of the usual rapid fire exercise I used to do.

Chins: Bodyweight: 7 & 6 reps: A 2 set total of 13 reps is a PR

Dips: Bodyweight: 2 x 8: Very easy and will add 5 kg to a belt on Sunday.

Abs: Decline sit up: 3 sets: 20, 15, 15
Rope pulldown: Notch 16 of 20 on the pulldown station: 3 sets: 20, 15, 15
Side Bends with 20kg dumbbells: 3 sets: 20, 15, 15

Trying to eat eggs with toasted brown bread, hope my stomach holds it down!

Overall: Good barring the bench.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote