View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:51 PM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
To tie this back in with what Steve has experienced. He may well have been a candidate for a 'relatively' weak upper back. Strengthening his upper back via the use of overload by the straps, allowing him to lift weights he might not have done without straps has improved his deadlift, without him suffering any ill-effects from the straps taking up the slack.
Excellent post.

I didn't start lifting real heavy back work until about 2 years ago. In that time my rows have rocketed up. I also never deadlifting seriously until late 2007.

My upper back strength went up substantially in the last several years.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-30-2011 at 03:53 PM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote