View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 03:50 PM   #25
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Just a follow up question Steve, and to any others that care to chime in. In your opnion, does the use of straps on a deadlift make the lift any less than what it is, especially in the powerlifting community? I ask this, because once a respected member on another forum posted up a comment in a thread about deads that a deadlift is not a real deadlift if straps are used. This really bothered me, even tho I use straps due to a medical condition. BTW, I didn't know you have CTS.
I get a lot of comments on the use of my straps while deadlifting. It bothers me some, but I trust in my knowledge of my own body.

Training in the gym isn't powerlifting. Powerlifting is powerlifting. There are some movements I can't do at all without straps. I could do 250 pound one arm dumbbell rows, but I can't do them without straps. I don't care. I'm probably one arm dumbbell rowing the deadlift of the guy criticizing me.

As long as you are getting stronger, and doing what you need to do to keep your body in good health, then feel good about your accomplishments. My grip was so incredibly strong on my pulls this weekend that it shocked me a bit.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote