View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #8
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I don't really mind what people come to a gym to do, they all pay their memberships; but as long as they're actually there to work out.

What I can't stand are people just loafing around turning it into more of a social club than a gym. Disperse any large groups of (usually) youths standing around. Apart from that I'd let people get on with it. I'm not a big fan of too many rules.
Gotta agree with this ^^^

I have worked out only in my school gym, so I dont have much experience of other gyms. Other than curling in power rack, I have also noticed that lot of lifters do deadlifts, cleans and barbell rows (from the floor) while standing in the power rack. These are heavy lifts no doubt, but you dont really need a power rack for these, and keep others from squatting or doing rack pulls, or pin presses and such while you go about working from the floor.

Our gym has about 4-5 of extra Oly barbells (apart from those in the power racks), and plenty of unoccupied floor space. I would like to see folks using this space and those extra bars, especially in the rush hours. I dont care if they use the power rack for curls or rows or whatever as long as there's nobody waiting to do a set of squats or pin presses or any lift that actually needs the power racks.

Rather than actually state this as a "rule", it might be a good idea to educate a gym member about these things as a matter of "etiquette".
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote